- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.
What are the locals in Aruba like?
15 years 4 months ago #8790
by Justin
What are the locals in Aruba like? was created by Justin
I would love to hear others impressions of the locals. From my experience, the locals love the tourists because they are the main source of income. Have you found this to be true?
15 years 4 months ago #8791
by Lantern
Replied by Lantern on topic Re: What are the locals in Aruba like?
I don't have a massive amount of experience to draw on but my impression of local Arubans was that they were generally very relaxed and positive people. I didn't feel they were being especially nice because I was a tourist, in the sense that they wanted my $$. Rather that the priority was to enjoy this beautiful place.
15 years 4 months ago #8825
by Jetsetter
Replied by Jetsetter on topic Re: What are the locals in Aruba like?
I have yet to have an encounter with the locals of Aruba, but based on what I've heard from others, Aruban people are pleasant and warm. I guess their hospitable personality goes with the nature or character of their island - a haven of guests and tourists.
15 years 4 months ago #8829
by esmee
Replied by esmee on topic Re: What are the locals in Aruba like?
Well, I can tell you from my experience, they are very friendly and very polite. I know many people on the Island and when I visit the place, I always witness a very welcome atmosphere.
- HurricaneAndy
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 3 months ago #8912
by HurricaneAndy
Replied by HurricaneAndy on topic Re: What are the locals in Aruba like?
I'm looking forward to getting there to meet them. I have heard they are very welcoming and will help out any tourists. I wouldn't want to stray too far off of the beaten path though. You know they are people who only wish you ill, just like anywhere else.
- junethetraveler
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 3 months ago #8935
by junethetraveler
Replied by junethetraveler on topic Re: What are the locals in Aruba like?
In my experience, the people of Aruba are some of the nicest people on the world. They know how important the tourists are to the kind of life that they live. Because they have a good standard of living they have a lot of respect for tourists.
Time to create page: 0.406 seconds