Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our
travel guide for current information about
where to stay,
where to eat and
things to do.
There is nothing wrong with taking a siesta! I actually like the idea, rather than walking into a shop and wondering if the person is overworked or not, you know better. I think the place I was visiting in London did a 90 minute mid day break, they all seemed like happy workers too.
That's a good point, Coconut. There is nothing worse than being served by a tired and overworked shopkeeper when you shop. It will just ruin your shopping mood.
I think a lot of countries still practice a midday break. The United States is sadly all about go go go. People eat lunch at their desks, work longer hours, spend less time with family, and generally wear themselves out. Aruba has the right idea.
I think a lot of countries still practice a midday break. The United States is sadly all about go go go. People eat lunch at their desks, work longer hours, spend less time with family, and generally wear themselves out. Aruba has the right idea.
Yes Kat, you described it well. It's really sad to see people eat lunch at their desks (of the police in their running cars), and answer calls while chewing their sandwiches. I believe that taking a lunch break will help you work more efficiently.